We collaborate with people. We work with communities, broadcasters, organisations and companies to tell their stories. Our projects educate kids, brand shows and bring campaigns to life. Plus, we produce original content that makes our audience laugh, cry, and offer fresh perspectives. Listening is key to our process. We consult, research and educate ourselves to inform the brief and the ultimate work we produce.
We love what we do, and hope this shows in our work. We always strive to find a unique way forward on every project. We draw on an amazing team of talented writers, directors, producers, 2D and 3D artists that live for design and animation. We commit to having over a third of our staff representing First Nations background, and support diverse voices in our industry.
Studio Gilay is co-owned and co-directed by Jake and James. Combined, they have 30 years of experience in storytelling, animation, design, consultation and leadership. Studio Gilay is a truly unique entity within the Australian production landscape.
Enough grown-up company talk! Come in for a cuppa, or dial in online, and let’s talk about your story.
Our services include:
- Story & Concept Development (long-form and short-form)
- Design Development (brand, character and world building)
- Research & Reporting
- Campaign Strategy
Art & Illustration
- Original & Licensed Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Artwork, created by Studio Gilay artists or through external community engagement
- Concept Art
- Character Design
- Background Art
- Development & Concept Logo design
- Branding peripherals
- Producing (budgeting, financing, schedule long & short-form)
- 2D Animation (rigged and frame-by-frame)
- 2D design and rigging
- 3D Animation
- 3D modelling, texturing, lighting
- Video (corporate and broadcast)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community consultation
- On-Country site visits
- Cultural workshop facilitation (Elders, creative practitioners, community)
- Community engagement (Elders, creative practitioners, community)
- Artist briefing, contracting and licensing (ICIP)
- Copywriting, PR
- Script writing (long-form & short-form)
- Writers rooms (attending and hosting)
A diverse suite of clients keeps us agile and on our toes.